Thursday, September 18, 2014

Come fly with me :)

Hello!! I have been wanting to write since I got back from Manila to start training with this one big airline here in the MidEast, but since time didnt permit me to do so, here I am now, trying to summarize everything that happened since June in one boring post haha

So, after two months of initial training, I finally got my wings :) No one else to be grateful for but God and my whole support system (haha aka my family, friends and this really sweet guy :>) who stayed with me throughout my journey to fulfill my dream of becoming a flight attendant :)



I`m really excited and looking forward to all amazeball things that God has in store for my future, and feeling superb that I will be able to unfold this future while seeing the world! :)

I`ve always wanted to write about places and food and stuff and God willing, when I get to see and explore different places sooner or later (hopefully sooner than later), I will have a lot of stories I can share through this blog :)


I`m three weeks flying now, and I can say that I`m enjoying it. I`ll always remember what our first instructor during our training told us about being a flight attendant getting to experience a lot of things in a short period of time. Saying that a 20 year experience for an office-working-person, we can experience in 2 years. Meeting a lot of people from different countries is one big part of the experience, I get to work with different nationalities and get to have passengers of different nationalities. It`s really fun and sometimes stressful (depends on the city/country of destination) haha! But fun overrules stress always ;)


So far, I have flown with really nice colleagues and supervisors, I think having people who are easy to work with will make everyones job a whole lot easier :) And since no flight is completely the same, there`s always new stories to tell and new experiences to keep :)

I had the opportunity to fly to Calicut, India, and almost 26hrs layover, but I dint get to go around the city because everything`s so far from the resort we`re staying, so this is the only photo I have haha


The Raviz Kadavu Resorts, Calicut, India

So to cap it all off, I hope at least a few read this and all my future posts haha. And I hope my love for writing never fades and that I will have at least two or more posts a month! :D

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations:) I am also going to apply as an FA in Saudia on the 4th. I really really want to get it.. Any tips and advices? I'd really appreciate it :) Also, I hope you don't mind, I'm just curious about the salary and if it's true that Saudia FAs don't get to have their own rooms? Thank you and God bless!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much :) Good luck and God bless on applying! :) I did write down some tips for the final interview, but for the open day or initial screening, it`s just all the same, they`re just going to take your heigh and weight and then short interview. This is what they usually do, but we don`t know if there are changes since the airline was recognized as a four star airline last July :) Sadly we don`t, we share a room with another FA :)

      Delete
  2. Hi this is Elle, let me ask the swimming test. was it hard, how was it like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elle! :) There was no swimming test exactly, but for ditching practicals, they let us wear life vests :)

      Delete
  3. hi there, ask ko lang kung may reach test ba ang saudia airlines? hnde ako maka reach ng 212 eh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy! They don't really do a reach test, pero minimum height is 163-165cm :)

    ReplyDelete