Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Let`s Hear it For New York!


ONE HAND IN THE AIR FOR THE BIG CITY! <3
(Empire State Bldg. with the American Flag lights since it was election that day:) )

Heeey, I`m kinda excited about this post. Before visiting the city that never sleeps, London was my favorite city! And then followed by Paris! But now the list will start with, of course, NYC! ;)

Last November 3rd, I did a flight to JFK. It was 3hrs shorter than my first Washington flight, which doesn`t really make a difference, but hey, at least it`s shorter. Haha. We only stay in New York for 33hrs, which is definitely too short to visit all the spots that I have listed on my mind (Ehem, Gossip Girl spots). So we just went to see the Times Square, Empire State, Rockefeller Center, see outside the Grand Central Terminal (swear I gotta go inside next time and try The Campbell Apartment), Chrysler bldg and I had the chance to visit Brooklyn, as well.

So our hotel is actually far from Manhattan, we had to take the train to get there. Loved to experience the commute! <3


Two tix to PennStation, please :)

Actually traded this flight to be with this one!!! ;) #CousinLove

So when we arrived to PennStation, it`s still a long way to go to reach the Times Square. I`m happy to experience the busy streets of New York! Walking along the busy streets with all those busy people lol. We just took photos in Times Square, the TKTS Red Stairs, and went inside Hershey World :)

CONCRETE JUNGLE WHERE DREAMS OF <3
@ The TKTS Red Stairs :)




When you enter the Hershey world, they hand you one huge kisses! ;) Lol excuse all my touristy shots inside the Hershey World! :) 

After that we went to Brooklyn! We had dinner at this place called Grimaldi's, which they say is the original Brooklyn pizzeria :) Then went to see the Brooklyn Bridge and the New York skyline even from afar, while trying the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory :)

 

YUM, I know! ;)




New York skyline with a view of Brooklyn Bridge

Post-Halloween vibe :))


So after Brooklyn, we went back to Manhattan to go around check out few spots. Then ate (again! :D) at The Halal Guys!! (Must try!)

Grand Central Terminal x Chrysler Building

The Halal Guys! <3

Yellow cab :) x Rockefeller Center x Grand Central Terminal

LOVE x Radio City



That`s it for now! Hope to see a lot more of New York in the future!




<3







24 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Lara! I intend to apply for Saudia via IPAMS maybe next year if they have an opening. May i just ask lang kung sa IPAMS ka rin nag-apply and kung chineck ba nila yung arms, legs, face, teeth sa initial screening sa IPAMS? salamat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Actually, no. I had my initial screening and final interview directly with Saudia. But I had everything else processed with IPAMS. I`m not sure if they do that there, hindi yata? Goodluck though! God bless your application :)

      Delete
  2. Is Saudia strict with tattoos? I want to apply but have a small tatoo on my left inner forearm. But seeing as you wear long sleeves, would that be a big probolem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! As long as it can`t be seen while wearing the uniform, I think it`s okay :)

      Delete
  3. They have open day by feb as well this year. Gusto ko din tlga mag.apply. I have suffered from acne before and left scars. They're strict to this part, are they? ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella! Wow, I didn`t know they have another open day on Feb :) Goodluck! Well, as long as it doesnt show while wearing makeup, I think naman they`re fine with it :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply, Lara! Yes, they will have one after this month! :D Kasi, mine is quite deep because it was severe during the "active" period. I think i need to go to a derma to do something about it.. at least flatten the surface so it's not obvious when covered with make-up :D do you have any recommendations here in PH? :D

      P.S.

      Your posts are amaze-balls :like:

      Delete
    3. Hi Ella! Wow, goodluck on applying :) Nako, I don`t know a lot of derma in Manila. Siguro Let`s Face it, Flawless or Belo :)) Thank you soooo much! :) I`ll try my best to write more, and of course, try to reply to questions or inquiries as much as I can :) God bless!

      Delete
    4. Eeeh thank you Lara! Do you know someone / noticed someone working with saudia already na probably may acne scars or watnot? Im worried haha.

      Delete
    5. Yesss actually :) So no need to worry too much about that ;)

      Delete
    6. Oh my! Thank you, Lara! That really adds up to the hype. Woooo. Kind of relieved. Srsly.

      Have a safe journey! ��

      Delete
    7. Goodluck on applying and God bless! :)

      Delete
    8. Hi Lara. Me again! sorry to bother! :D

      wanna ask if they're too strict with the teeth? my friend was asking because she has minimal gap on the lower set of her teeth. will that affect her application?

      anyone working in the airline with that situation? :)

      thank you!

      Delete
    9. Hi Ella! No worries :) I don`t think they`re super strict. As long as when you smile naman, it won`t show too much yung ganun. Kasi even our insurance doesn`t cover dental sooo, hindi super duper strict.

      Delete
    10. Thanks for your response, Lara! I'll let her know! We're just so excited because they're recruiting til March 5!

      Aja! :D

      Delete
    11. You`re welcome! And goodluck to the both of you! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi lara :) i want to hear some advise because they hiring this jan. 16 . Im quite ready for their open at ipams. Please give me some advise to stand out among other applicants thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ethelyn! :) I`m actually not a pro when it comes to open day applications cos I applied once lang. But I think you just have to be confident and give your all :) And pray for it :) Goodluck and God bless! :)

      Delete
    2. Goodluck po sa mga magaapply today!

      Delete
  5. Good day Ms. Lara.. :) Can I email you a personal question regarding a saudia application? I just have a little concern and wish to ask for advice from someone who has already undergone the process and is now working for the company. May i ask for your email if okay :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sure, you can reach me at laragrutas@icloud.com :) I`ll try my best to answer your questions :)

      Delete
    2. Noted. Thanks very much. I already emailed you po. salamat :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! Is there any chance they would consider my height, i'm about 156 or 5'1? Though i know in their required measurements for the height they require 160cm. Do you know some who looks short like maybe they are the same my height and got hired? Also if I can speak arabic will it be an advantage for me? I hope you can answer me soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I think if you can go through the reach test and reach the required height, then they`ll consider? I`m not sure sorry. Yes, it will be an advantage for you once you start working :)

      Delete